Academy Program Goals:
The primary technical focus will be as follows….
Footwork technique, to play in small spaces on the field. All players should be able to dribble and win 1 v 1’s
- Coordination and agility to increase mobility, first touch and ball manipulation
- First touch to set up the second touch
- Dribbling, dribbling, dribbling, moves to beat an opponent
- Ball mastery one, control of the ball under speed and pressure
- Ball mastery two, high performance, advanced ball skills at speed
- Player Progress Report, More frequent player progress reporting
The goal for each academy player is to be able to consistently demonstrate the necessary high ball skill standards to impact a game. All RYFC academy players must have the confidence and ability with the ball at their feet.