Skills Girls program ages 6-7 and 8-9 – 2 times per week, Tuesday (technical training) and Friday “3 v 3” house league games. For this indoor season players in Skills will have one day technical training (Tuesdays) and one day of “Skills Girls” 3 v 3 league games (Friday). The “Skills Girls” 3 v 3 league will allow players to have more touches on the ball, help players with increasing speed of thought and decision making, build confidence in 1 v 1, 2 v 1 and 2 v 2 situations.
This training program is a mix of skills training and games and is designed to improve players’ game in a house league setting or prepare for rep/academy soccer. Our Skills Girls program focused on teaching the following in various game situations:
- advancing mechanical movements, player balance and technical ball skill work
- shielding, defending, understanding shape
- introduction to attacking and defending as a team
- positioning with and without the ball
- building confidence to win the ball and create scoring opportunity
Girls academy program will be offered in summer 2024. We are looking to develop a girls academy team from the players that start in our Skills Girls program.