Girls Junior Academy Soccer Program
The focus for girls academy is skill development in a team setting. We are focusing on the skills on and off the ball, footwork, agility, shielding, dribbling, passing and receiving. As the player progress with individual skills we will introduce attacking and defending principles.
This is your chance to make it on a team and develop technical skills with your teammates.
WHO CAN JOIN THE PROGRAM:
GIRLS ACADEMY SELECTION PROCESS AGES 7-8:
- All players ages 7-8 must tryout and be assessed by our technical coaches. Maximum 20 players will be selected.
- Tryouts for GIRLS Ages 7-8 (born 2014-2015) for season 2021-2022 :
- Saturday, Sep 11, Centennial Park, 11:25am-12:40pm
- Sunday, Sep 12, Bloordale Middle School (10 Toledo Rd), 11:25am-12:40pm
- Primary high standards in the following areas: technical skills, understanding of the training activity, fitness / agility, focus, attentiveness and individual maturity .
GIRLS ACADEMY SELECTION PROCESS AGES 5-6 (born 2016):
This is not a tryout, no player age 5-6 will be cut. This is an assessment session where all players participating will receive recommendation from our coaches to join either Academy ages 5-6, Football School, Clinics 45 or Mini Masters program.
We are not looking for the best players at this moment in time, we are looking for players ages 5-6 wanting to commit to 2 times per week technical training. We are here to go through a skillful process of creating gifted players and teams by age 8 or 9. Players ages 5-6 interested in joining an academy program should register for our free Academy Assessment Sessions:
- Saturday, Sep 11, Centennial Park, 10:00am-11:15am
- Sunday, Sep 12, Bloordale Middle School (10 Toledo Rd), 10:00am-11:15am
- All players participating in the assessment session will receive recommendation from our coaches to join either Academy ages 5-6, Football School, Clinics 45 or Mini Masters program.
WHERE DO PLAYERS GO IF THEY DON’T ADVANCE TO THE NEXT ACADEMY LEVEL?
Players who need more work on technical essentials and mental preparedness can join our Football School and Clinic 45 programs until they are ready to try out again for the RYFC Academy.