Boys Junior Academy Soccer Program
The sooner you start training in the right environment and as a group, the more chance you have to play on a rep team by age 8 or 9. We are not looking for the best players at this moment in time. We are here to go through a skillful process of creating gifted players and teams by age 8 or 9.
- Purpose of the Junior Academy program is to train players using a technical skill based methodology and have players demonstrate this in practice sessions and games
- Promote players from our Junior Academy to our U9 competitive boys rep team when they are of age. (Ontario soccer league play start at U9)
ACADEMY SELECTION PROCESS:
- All players are invited to the first block.
- After the first block, selection into the next Academy block will be done by invitation only.
- Players will need to demonstrate high standards in order to be selected for block 2, 3, 4.
- Primary high standards in the following areas: technical skills, understanding of the training activity, fitness / agility, focus, attentiveness and individual maturity .
BOYS JUNIOR ACADEMY TRAINING DETAILS:
Fall season block 1: October 4, 2020 to November 8, 2020 (5 weeks)
Fall season block 2: November 15, 2020 to December 13, 2020 (5 weeks)
Winter season block 3 and 4: Mid January, 2021 – April 2021
Training days , time & location:
MAXIMUM 20 PLAYERS. To book your spot in the Boys Academy email us at email@example.com
SUMMER ACADEMY SQUAD: The summer Academy players will be made up primarily of players who have performed well and have been selected into program block 2, 3 and 4
WHERE DO PLAYERS GO IF THEY DON’T ADVANCE TO THE NEXT ACADEMY LEVEL?
Players who need more work on technical essentials and mental preparedness can join our Football School program until they are ready to try out again for the RYFC Academy.